LARGE GOODS VEHICLE (LGV DRIVER)
Apprenticeships are a proven way to train your workforce and provide the skills necessary for your future business needs. With much of the cost of the training funded centrally, taking on an Apprentice is surprisingly affordable.
All we need are local companies willing to support this excellent form of training.
Apprenticeship consists of:
- Application of LGV provisional licence (including medical and DVLA)
- Functional Skills Maths &English
- Theory Test training
- DVSA Theory tests
- Practical 5 days Cat C driver training course
- Practical Cat C Driver CPC training course with DVSA MOD4 test
- Post-test on-site training: On the job training (Company specific)
- Post-test training days (2 Driver CPC training days)
- End Point Assessment (Independent Assessor)
- Apprentices must hold a valid UK driving licence (at least Cat B ie car licence) in order to access the apprenticeship and must be 18 years old by the time they are read to gain their provisional vocational licence.
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end point assessment.
Supply Chain Specialist Large Goods Vehicle Drivers are legally required to obtain their Category C licence during the apprenticeship in order to drive large goods vehicles.
Duration & Review
The apprenticeship will take a minimum of 12 months to complete and will be reviewed after 3 years.
Course delivery and assessment.
(To be discussed with employer at initial consultation)
- Induction day to include DVLA provisional licence application – Classroom or customer site
- 1 days of theory training and)- Classroom
- Complete the DVSA theory tests – DVSA theory test centre
- Functional Skills delivery
- 5 day Cat C driver training course – Practical
- DVSA Cat practical test – DVSA practical test centre
- 1 day Cat C Driver CPC training –Mod 4/2 days Driver CPC training – Classroom if Mod 4 not required
- DVSA Cat C Driver CPC test– DVSA practical training centre
- 1 day on customer site driver training to include work specific training/Observation
- End Point Assessment
- Successful Completion